Kris Morningstar of Blue Velvet- Not any more


Find this video and thousands of others at vSocial!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

EL PARIAN








El Parian is a Taco Shop in downtown
Los Angeles that is best frequented during the daylight hours. As we approached the storefront I asked myself is it worth risking your life if at the end of the day you had one of the best tacos in town, YES. At least for me the search for exceptional food is worth every minute of time and energy. Even if the best tacos are in a gang infested area of LA. So we venture into the shop and are greeted by a nice young lady who speaks very little English and seats us in the half full restaurant. As we walk in I notice and older lady on the griddle slapping down fresh corn masa for the tortillas, this is a very good sign. Anytime a place makes their corn tortillas to order your usually in good shape with the food. We sit down and chips and salsa are placed on the table. If I have one criticism of this place it's that they don't make their chips fresh? what the...the chips aren't fresh, their out of a bag, go figure. So I'm a little confused at this point, bagged chips but fresh corn tortillas on the griddle? I still try and hold a diplomatic opinion, not judging the place by it's chips and I'm hoping for the tacos to redeem them. They do. As the plates approach I am shocked at the size of the taco, full of meat and just the right amount of garnishments. They are hands down the BEST TACOS in LA. The meat was cooked perfectly, the tortillas were soft and doubled to hold all the meat. I don't want to stop but have too before my belly splits, I'm stuffed and can't wait to go back again.
El Parian 1528 Pico Blvd

2 comments:

Jimena said...

After all the great talk about the Tacos.. I decided to pay "El Parian" a small visit yesterday. I ordered two carne asada tacos to go, however when I arrived back to work I realized I had been given the wrong order. I got a huge burrito instead of my two tacos. After my disapointment I ate my burrito and enjoyed it. It was good, however I'm still craving the tacos. I guess I'll have to make another stop today. Only this time I will make sure I get my tacos. Thanks for recomending!

Skull One said...

Though I was not invited to participate in the "El Parian" taste test I am very anxious to go try some tacos from there. I will however make sure to try and go during the day, if not I will have to wear my weekend attire to blend in. I have this new wife-beater I've been dying to wear. I will also make sure to check my order before leaving the establishment.

Google